Friday, March 27, 2009

The flowers are back!

Pentax K10D + Zeiss Sonnar 85/2.8 + extension tube

Spring is here. This means I can go back to spending countless hours kneeling on grass, taking tens of shots of the same flower. And then spend a few more hours zooming on the processed images, awing at the sharpness of petal details... OK, I'm being a bit ironic. I'm not really a "pixel peeper" and, between work and family, the time available for photography is quite limited. I really enjoy every minute I can spend doing it, though. Particularly when it comes to shooting flowers. As I mentioned before, these are beautiful and patient subjects. And I still have a lot to practice concerning close-up photography.

These photos are quite recent. I particularly like the one below, taken one late afternoon. The golden light hitting the petals was just perfect. And the out-of-focus leaves in the background seem to form a turbulent liquid mass that I find quite beautiful. The composition could be improved, though. As I said above, I have to keep practicing. But just look at how sharp are those tiny grains of pollen on the petals!... ;)

Pentax K10D + Zeiss Sonnar 85/2.8 + extension tube

No comments: