Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Not very often

Back in the days of 35 mm slide film, I would estimate that about 20% of my photos were worth keeping and not even 1% of those would be marked for later re-evaluation and decision on Cibachrome print ordering. This would make my wife quite upset, seeing hundreds of badly exposed, out of focus, poorly composed slide photos being thrown in the trash. She always felt there had to be something worth keeping in there...

Very rarely, there was one photo that made me stare a few seconds at the lightbox and think "Wow! Did I take this shot?!"

Now, in these digital days, my wife does not know exactly how many photos I trash, but the estimates are pretty much the same, despite being able to rescue some badly exposed photos in post-processing.

Very rarely, there is one photo that makes me stare a few seconds at the monitor and think "Nice!"

Even more rarely, there are two photos in the same day that make me stare...

Pentax K10D + Zeiss Planar 50/1.4

No comments: