Friday, June 11, 2010

The Shadow Mountains


In Peneda-Gerês National Park there is a mountain range called Sombrosas, which I would like to poetically translate as "Shadow Mountains." That's the massive formation in the background of the previous photo.

These photos were taken during a day hike last month, with a couple of friends. My intention was to picture the Sombrosas from different points along the path, at different times of day. The whole experience made me enjoy the Panasonic 20/1.7 a bit more. The 40 mm (equivalent) focal length actually worked quite well for emphasizing the dramatic features of this vast landscape. And the light combination of a pancake lens with the compact E-P2 is a blessing when one has to climb steep slopes under hot sun!

Olympus E-P2 + Panasonic Lumix 20/1.7

2 comments:

Frank said...

I've done very little B&W. These shots make me want to learn/work on the technique. Very nice . . .

Frank
http://scenicaperture.com/

Frank M. said...

Thanks for your comment Frank. Actually, you've just posted a beautiful example of a b&w landscape on your own blog! I'm happy that I might have provided some kind of inspiration for you doing this.