Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wooden boat



These photos were taken late in the afternoon. The wooden boat was in the shadow, while the background was still lit by direct sunlight. So I used an external flash, held in one hand, to lighten up the foreground and have a more balanced lighting, while still trying to obtain a natural looking image. I set the flash output manually; a couple of tries are usually enough for me to get an appropriate setting.


Pentax K10D + Zeiss Distagon 25/2.8 + off-camera flash

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job balancing the light and exposure. I wouldn't have known from the photo that you used an external flash.
(Don't you just love how easy it is to hand hold a flash using the k10d??)
-Somanna

Frank M. said...

Thanks for your comment. Indeed, hand holding the flash is easy and can be very useful when one does not have much time for the shot. I'm now trying to practice doing it for quick portraits.