Monday, May 11, 2009

The 3 ingredients of landscape photography

I haven't posted many landscape photos so far. Simply because I haven't that many landscape photos worth posting...

In order to make good landscape photos, one has to:
1) Get out of the house and go to a place with a nice landscape!
2) Choose the best perspective, focal length, aperture and composition.
3) Wait for the right timing: when the light, the clouds and whatever other changing elements are perfectly combined.

The first item I can manage every once in a while, mostly taking advantage of family outings and of my wife's patience in looking over the kids for some time. The second I'm trying to learn and hopefully making some progress. But there is no way I can afford the third!

The photos below were taken at Alvão Natural Park. It was not the perfect moment, just the moment when we got there. Gladly, the soft light at the end of the afternoon allowed for a pleasant balance between light and shadows.

Pentax K10D + Zeiss Distagon 25/2.8

No comments: